Qualifications for Services
- Intermittent skilled care from a nurse, physical therapist or speech therapist. Medicare does NOT require a hospitalization to qualify for care.
- Patient must be under the care of a physician who certifies, as well as periodically reviews a plan of care (POC) and determines that services are medically necessary and reasonable.
- Patient must be homebound; limitations are such that it would be a considerable and taxing effort to leave home, some exceptions are allowed.
- There is no willing or capable person to render care.
Payor Sources Accepted
- Medicare Traditional/Advantage
- Private Insurance
Traditional Medicare pays for home health care services at NO COST to the patient. There are no copayments, no deductibles and no out of pocket cost. Patients must meet the qualifications to be admitted by a home health agency.